26 July 2016

MY 5 GUIDELINES TO LIFE

1. Stay busy
It may seem like a weak argument to be happy and stay positive, but if I've got a busy schedule, I feel like I do more with my life. If I'm able to squeeze in a haircut, a workout and meet a few friends in a day, the day feels better than if I watch Netflix for 7 hours only to ask myself what the hell I'm doing with my life. Keeping busy and making a plan for my days and weeks makes me feel more accomplished and happy with myself.

2. Caffeinate yourself
I love caffeine (even if it leaves me shaking for 30 minutes and make me wanna run across the world 15 times). Coffee gets me going in the morning and help me get through my endless to do-lists. 

3. Make sure 'productive hours' are actually productive
I work best with music. However, if it turns into a karaoke session instead of a study or work session, it doesn't help. I've got a playlist specifically for working, studying or writing, and if any song turns into that dreaded karaoke session, it's excluded. Also, I always get dressed when I wake up in the morning. Hanging around in joggers never get me in a productive mood.

4. Realistic goals and rewards
Reaching a goal will seem very far unless your goal is realistic. A main goal is great, but realistic smaller goals to get there will make the road towards your main goal easier. As for rewards, it can be both bigger and smaller rewards, like a 10 minute break after 2 hours of studying, or finally buying something you’ve wanted for a while after finishing an assignment or a term.

5. Be naive, but not too naive
Hope that things work out, but ALWAYS have a backup plan.
Most situations can go two ways, if not three or four. Hope for the best result, but also make sure you've got a plan B-Z if you don't get the result you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment